Tall Matt's Travels

Topic

Author Topic
P-go

Pirates

Wed May 30, 2007 @ 03:57PM

Although it seems Matt isn't the biggest Pirate fan around any Forum discussing summer movies should begin w/ the 3rd and probably last good prirate movie as Bruckheimer and Depp probably won't be involved in the future ones.

While the 3rd Pirate movie might lack some of the surprises of the first it definitely doesn't lack the twist, turns and selfish sub plots. The visual effects are outstanding, the scenery is beautiful, the fight choreography is top notch, the addition of Keith Richards was hilarious, and Chow Yun Fat is great.

Overall it shouldn't be nominated for best picture by the academy (although one of the Rings movie was), it is highly entertaining and a fun spectacle to watch.

Comments

Author Comments
Matt
Wed Jun 06, 2007 @ 11:07AM

Good to hear man. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I've seen it has been tops at the box office for the past couple weeks. I may try to hit it either tonight or tomorrow if I can find a theater showing it.

I did happen to catch "Zodiac" the other day. I really liked it. Of course I'm biased toward David Fincher films, but I thought it was well done.

Ben Kittrell
Thu Jun 07, 2007 @ 10:47PM

I loved Zodiac, in fact my wife and I went to see it at least 5 times, and we hate going to the theater.

BTW, I love the new look Matt. ;)

Matt
Tue Jun 12, 2007 @ 08:04AM

Ok, so just saw Pirates of the Carribbean 3. I must say it is more entertaining than the 2nd one. I thought all the cameos were great - with Keith Richards' being my favorite.

I also recently saw Ocean's 13, which also was better than the 2nd one. This one is back to the basics - and Pacino is great as the bad guy.