Tall Matt's Travels

Topic

Author Topic
Adam Cogswell

The Departed

Fri Mar 02, 2007 @ 04:36PM

To start with, it won Best Picture. That's not always a good indicator, but in this case I have to agree with them. Easily the best movie I've seen in a couple years. The cast alone is phenomenal: Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen, Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, and even Leo was great. Add to that the fact that it's a movie about the Irish mob in South Boston, and you've got the recipe for amazing suspense, action, and great characters. I won't spoil it for you, but this has to go on your "must see" list. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, and I really wish I'd seen it in the theater. Oh, and any soundtrack that includes Flogging Molly is okay in my book... :D.

Comments

Author Comments
Matt
Fri Mar 09, 2007 @ 09:04AM

I agree man. The only competition i thought it had was Babel, which I thouroughly enjoyed as well. Assuming you watched the entirety of the oscars, or at least saw a recap - I was really happy for Forrest Whitaker. If any of you havenĀ“t seen "The Last King of Scotland", you should find it. It's tremendous.

On a side note - I thought Blood Diamond was a lot better than I expected it to be. Hounsou was great - I was pulling for him for supporting actor - and I thought DiCaprio was really good as well. It's definitely worth a rent if it's out on DVD back home.